|Cooking in oil|
This snack is salty crunchy , spicy good for munching while reading a book , watching TV with Cabernet Sauvignon wine (my favorite)or with hot coffee/tea. Mix the below ingredients and keep.When you are ready to fry then mix water ,make the dough. So that you get the right color for the pakodas .I make differently using more rice flour
- Rice Flour.............. 4 cups
- Besan....................1 cup
- Chili Powder........1 tbsp
- Asafoetida............1/2 tsp
- Oil to Deep Fry
- Salt to taste
- Mix rice flour, besan, chili powder, salt ,melted butter and asafoetida.
- Add water and make a thick dough.
- Heat a china chatti or wok add oil to fry.
- When the oil is hot, put a handful dough pass through the special pakoda nazhi (see the photo), fry till the ribbons crispy and golden.
- Remove from the oil place them in a paper towel.
- Eat these pakodas with hot coffee/tea.